Okay. So, I woke up this morning to discover that I have been nominated again for the One Lovely Blog Award! Second time this year! I’m so excited about that. Especially because in discovering that fact I discovered someone new who had been reading my blog that I didn’t know had been reading my random scribbles here. And that’s always exciting, right? Before I begin, though, I’d like to take a moment to acknowledge today’s observations of Remembrance Day for those who celebrate that today and Veteran’s Day in America. Both of my grandfathers and my step-grandfather served in World War II (one was a machine gunner on the banks of Normandy) and my father was a Vietnam vet. I am very fortunate that I didn’t lose anyone in any military action but I will never forget watching my mom’s dad cry and hold my hand while watching a documentary showing the Normandy invasion. He lost friends and loved ones there. So, in honor of those who gave their lives and who currently serve in the military, including your families (the most important vets of all) I am wearing my poppy proudly.
And now, on to the award. Thank you to Asealskhaki over at Random Musings, which has an awesome quote by one of my favorite artists.(By the way, A, you have a lovely smile.) I was nominated for this award back in September (you can check that one out here), and even though I could cheat and put that one up, I won’t. I will give you 7 new things you don’t know about me and ten new links (if I can think of that many).
1. My current favorite album is Wicked Man’s Rest by Passenger. Love.It.
2. Am growing my hair out for the first time in, well, a VERY long time.
3. Still think Kurt Harland from Information Society does the best version ever of Lay All Your Love On Me. Plus, one of the more interesting men I’ve ever met. I miss those days in Deep Ellum. So much fun. Oh, when Emerald (my niece) was a baby they were introduced, and I almost didn’t get her back. 🙂 Good times.
4. Love scuba diving but have a healthy fear of sharks. The theme from Jaws freaks me out (still).
5. Actually own, and have worn, a belly dance outfit. Even took a few lessons to help strengthen my abdominals due to childbirth.
6.Rollercoasters. Big ones…only way to get me on one is to throw me over your shoulder until I’m trapped in the line and can’t go anywhere, and I mean this literally. Chances are I’ll have a blast but you have to get me on it first. Don’t give me a choice because I’ll say no every time because they scare me just a bit. I used to work at Six Flags Over Texas in my teens and I know exactly how often they break down. Just caveman me. Be an Alpha.
7. I love driving. There’s just something about being able to get in a car and go anywhere you want to go. Even if you can’t afford to just up and go, you still can. That’s a wonderful feeling. I don’t even mind rush hour traffic.
Okay, that’s it for that part, now for my nominations.
1. You’re up, Lizzi!
2. Not about to forget you either, Rod! (Although, he REALLY needs to post something new. I miss hearing from him. 😉
3. Peek-a-boo, Miss Cindy Lou!
4. Sourgirlohio over at Another Bad Conversation (I don’t think Sour is all that sour personally 😉 )
5. A.C. Elliot over at File Cabinet Ramblings. Some wonderful poetry over there. Go check it!
6. My new friend Fifi on Hugs & Kisses of Poetry. (She’s participating in NaNo, too!)
7. ShanJeniah, who has a Tornado of her own.
8. The WHOLE team over at Poetry of the Netherworld. These people are amazing. Every one of them suffers with mental illness of some sort and are using poetry as a creative outlet. They deserve awards just for making it through each day. Cheers, y’all!
9. Viv from Vivinfrance’s Blog. Just a lovely lady with lovely words. Enjoy!
10. Aishah from Chaos in Couture. A beautiful young lady with a big heart.
And there we go. If you’ve been nominated you do NOT have to take part. It’s just for fun. If you choose to participate here’s the rules:
Thank the person who nominated you. List 7 things about yourself. Nominate 10 (or as many as you feel up to doing) people to receive the award.
Alright, Peeps! That’s it. I’ll be back later with a NaNo update.I have a ton of catching up to do on the story so I’m off to go work for a while.
Oh, and my playlist for today includes Mutemath, Icon For Hire, Fireflight, and Halestorm (Draco’s in charge today). And maybe some Passenger or Foster the People (probably. depends on if I can distract Draco long enough to wrest control of my playlist away from him. Anna’s going to help me. ~wink)
Life’s too short. Go have some fun today!